Tuesday, February 15, 2011

New School

My new school is Aine Embabazi.  It's a small school and is nothing like an American school.  

Interview with mom...

who is your teacher?

I have many teachers... one for math/science (Teacher Dan), one for local language, and one for social studies and religious education (R.E.) (Teacher Isaac).  We haven't had English, yet.  I don't know the other teachers names.

Tell the story of Teacher Dan's name.

At first I thought Teacher Dan's name was Teacher Doug.  I know.  

Why?

Because of their accents.  

How's lunch?

Lunch is good.  We eat beans, rice, peas, potatoes and matoke, posha, ground nut sauce.  You will have to try some of these foods if you come to visit.

How's your schedule.

Good. I haven't quite memorized it yet.  We start at 8:30 with chapel.  We have tea/snack at around 10am.  Lunch is around 1pm.  We leave at 5pm.

What about Ugandan friends?

Everyone in our class plays with us (me and Jesse).  Isaac, Bob, Ruth are some of my friend's.
There are also two boys in my class named Young and Old, they are twins.

What about throwing up?

I got really nervous because I remembered how hard the first school was.  So, I just scared and threw up.

How long did that last?

One day.

Then, what changed?

I made some friends.  Also, the class is divided into small groups at tables and that is better.

We get dropped off in the morning--we drive a car, since it is off a busy road and too far to walk.
This is the first week of school.
This is a picture of me, Emma Shae and Mallory in our school uniforms.  It took about a week for us all to get them.
This is in front of our school.

No comments:

Post a Comment