Sunday, December 11, 2011

Going to Bushara, part 2 (death island)

**This is from November 2011, when Micah broke his arm. **


Our family decided to take a fun vacation off to relax us.  But, it only led to more stress. We were going to stay at the island for one night and after we spent that night, we were going to leave.  So, I got bored while waiting for my parents to check out and I decided to climb a fun looking pole that was hanging over concrete.

The next thing I knew was seeing my inch worm arm.  I felt tired, so I went over to one of the comfy chairs and sat down and fainted.

Then it was a trip to America, which all felt like a dream. Now, back to Uganda.


An interview with Mom...

Were you in a lot of pain?
so much that I fainted

What is the difference between Ugandan hospitals and those in the U.S.?

American hospitals are cleaner and bigger and nicer than Ugandan hospitals.  My dad is doctor in Uganda because they lack resources, it's hard. But the people are both nice in each place.

What's in your arm now?

titanium rods and laser guns. just kidding, except for the rods.

Will you go back to Bushara?

maybe.

What have you learned about poles?

That you should never ever, ever, ever, ever climb them.  Especially, ones with concrete under them.

What have you learned about God in this time?

That He will take care of me.





First cast, before surgery.  Arm looked ok.

On the second x-ray, it was clear I needed surgery.

After surgery, Thanksgiving at my uncle's, weee....


Clam shell cast after surgery.

Titanium rods and a healed arm.

No comments:

Post a Comment