Friday, November 1, 2013

Goodbye to Uganda and England

Well, it's been awhile since I've blogged.  But, I hope I'll be able to keep up with it this time.  So, these pictures show the last couple of weeks of my time in Uganda.

Interview with mom...

Mom:  so, what was that like to say good-bye?
Micah:  It was very hard, especially saying good-bye to Tafti and my friends.
Mom:  can you believe you lived in Uganda?
Micah: no, I can't.
Mom:  any regrets?
Micah:  not saying good-bye enough and enjoying my last time with everyone
Mom:  are you glad you lived there or mad at your parents for taking you there?
Micah:  a little bit of both.  I was glad because it was a life changing experience and I'll never be the same person.  It was really eye opening to see all the poverty in the world. I'm kind of mad because it was really hard to live there coming from America.
Mom:  what is something you learned from Ugandans?
Micah:  how to spot predators in the middle of the jungle and how to dance Rukiga style, (sort of)
Mom:  what did you learn about God in this time?
Micah:  Well, in Uganda, I knew that He was there, but I never knew how much He really helped us and loved us and I'm not in the hardships of Uganda.  And I really appreciate going there, because, like I said, it was really eye opening.
Mom:  would you go back?
Micah: yes.





One of my last Ugandan dinners.  It is at the principal of the university's house

This is my last trip to Bird Nest, boy I'm gonna miss this place.  This guy beside me is Chef Paul

These were my only friends in Uganda-Daniel, Daudi, me and Jesse


One of our last walks with our teammates (and Tafti)


This is a good bye party for our staff



Here we are hosting the staff at Dad's hospital for dinner

This is our British Buddy (BB), Leo who also went back to England at the same time


Little did I know this would be one of the last times I would see this awesome dawg.
The principal of our school invited us to her house (mansion) to say good-bye

Last Day in Kabale
This is all of our luggage


Finally, we are going back to America, but first a stop in England.


Here are a couple of pictures of us in England.

By coincidence, we got to see the Queen of England.


















We also got to see Big Ben.




We also got to ride on a giant ferris wheel called The Eye of London

Now, on the plane to America!












No comments:

Post a Comment